Adding Futures Contract Position

Options
dleary4608
dleary4608 Member
edited January 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Hi, I've purchased a CME S&P500 futures contract. I'm trying to figure out how to add the ticker symbol so I can track the position and have the price automatically update as with other securities. The exact contract is the E-Mini S&P 500 Mar 22. Yahoo Finance tracks it like this: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ESH22.CME?p=ESH22.CME&.tsrc=fin-srch

Can this position be added to Quicken? If so, how? I can create a manual placeholder but then I would have to manually update the current value.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Does this futures contract live in a brokerage account you're already downloading from? If so, you may get lucky and the brokerage will send you the data.  Otherwise, I can find no way to enter this security into Quicken such that it will download.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• dleary4608
    Options
    Yes, it does live in a brokerage account I download from. Unfortunately, it doesn't download correctly. Looks like I will need to manually update the price of this position until Quicken supports these futures contracts,
This discussion has been closed.