Citibank download error CC-506

Options
Hi,

Windows Quicken. Up to date.

The error has been there for a week. Other banks are fine.

What can I do to fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you haven't already, you may want to review: ONGOING 12/11/21 Citi Bank Citi Cards CC-502/102
  • Howard Hoffman
    Options
    Hi,

I have a credit card at Citibank and it used to work fine. Then last week download started to fail and resulted in CC-506

I then deactivate online service and tried to add it back.

However, the only option available is "Don't add to Quicken".

What can I do?

Thanks
  • Howard Hoffman
    Options
    Web Connect means manual download from the bank's portal. It defeats the purpose of Quicken download.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi,

I have a credit card at Citibank and it used to work fine. Then last week download started to fail and resulted in CC-506

I then deactivate online service and tried to add it back.

However, the only option available is "Don't add to Quicken".

What can I do?

Thanks
    If you can use Citi Cards to access the account, I suggest you use the Direct Connect connection method.
  • JR M
    JR M Member ✭✭
    Options
    Once the Citi credit card is deactivated, reactivating it does not present any other banking other than Citibank. There is no option to select another institution such as Citi Cards.

When all the cards were activated, I was getting the CC-506 for all my other Citi accounts as well.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JR M said:
    Once the Citi credit card is deactivated, reactivating it does not present any other banking other than Citibank. There is no option to select another institution such as Citi Cards.

When all the cards were activated, I was getting the CC-506 for all my other Citi accounts as well.
    After you have deactivate the Online Services of a register associated with Citibank, clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  Then, select Tools > Add Account...Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect, and select Next.  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers. 

• Howard Hoffman
    Options
    It started to work again. No change.
This discussion has been closed.