Unable to delete Schwab accounts from Quicken

Help! I've done a validate and repair AND a super validate and repair. Still can't delete them.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Help! I've done a validate and repair AND a super validate and repair. Still can't delete them.
    Hello bigpoppamd,

I can see how this issue with deleting accounts can be distressing, and I will do my best to help you. First, I'll need a little more information, though. How long have you been experiencing this issue? More to the point, what happens when you left click the transactions and click 'delete...?'

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • I started having updating problems with Schwab a few weeks ago. When I try to delete and type "yes", nothing happens.
  • WindowFinance
    WindowFinance Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I have the same problem. After updating to the latest Quicken for Windows R36.57, I was finally able to connect Schwab accounts for One Step Update. During this process, Quicken added several accounts I still have at Schwab that I didn't want to add to Quicken (I chose all accounts when Schwab asked me which accounts I'd like to connect because I thought I read somewhere that I should do that and delete later).

Well, delete doesn't work. I type "yes", click ok to delete each of these accounts and nothing happens.
    ---
    Update: After I run One Step Update again, I was able to delete the unwanted Schwab accounts. But weirdly Capital One pops up asking me to log in. I had to close the Capital One pop up several times to get out and finish the One Step Update.
    Refugee from Microsoft Money. Now resident of the latest Quicken Premier for Windows.
  • Yeah, this is all crazy!
  • Hello @bigpoppamd & @WindowFinance,

Based on the information you have provided in the discussion, you both have now been able to delete your Schwab accounts successfully, correct?

Are you still getting a Capital One prompt to sign in? If so, do you have Capital One accounts in your Quicken file?

Looking forward to hearing back from you both, thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• WindowFinance
    WindowFinance Member ✭✭✭
    I had one Capital One credit card account that had been closed a long time ago. Because it is a closed account in Quicken, there is no option to change in the Online Services tab in Account Details.

I don't know why Capital One keeps prompting me for One Step Update login. It is not even listed in the list of banks in One Step Update.
    Refugee from Microsoft Money. Now resident of the latest Quicken Premier for Windows.
  • @WindowFinance,

Thank you for the update!

Can I please have you run a validation on your file?

To do this, go to File>Validate and Repair File...>check the first box for Validate File>click Ok. Close the data log that populates after the validation has finished.

Then go back to File>hold down CTRL+SHIFT and click on Validate and Repair File...>check off the first box for Super Validate File>click Ok. Close the datalog and then close Quicken completely. 

Reopen Quicken and update your accounts again. Let us know if you are still getting the prompt to sign into Capital One. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• WindowFinance
    WindowFinance Member ✭✭✭
    Dear @Quicken Alyssa ,

I've tried Validate and Super Validate as suggested. Same results. Capital One prompt still appears. But instead of asking for a name and password, it now shows an ad for renewing Quicken in a loop.

Thanks.
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @WindowFinance, I'm sorry that the above steps did not resolve your issue. In this case, I'd recommend copying your file, then relinking your accounts. Here are the steps for that
    1. Go to File > Copy or Backup File and select Create a copy or template (do not choose Year-End Copy for this procedure).
      • Please note, a file copy is disconnected from online services, such as transaction download. Online services would need to be reconnected if you wish to use them in the file copy.
    2. Leave all the settings, including file name and checkboxes, at their default (change nothing on this screen). Simply click Save Copy. 
    3. After the Copy is complete, choose to Open New Copy.
    4. In the New Copy, go to File > Validate and Repair File and select the Validate file option. This is to ensure there are no lingering issues with the data in this file.
    5. Go to Tools > Add Account to reconnect your accounts.
    I hope this helps!
    - Quicken Jade