account credentials request when updating accounts?

Options
Gretchen P
Gretchen P Member ✭✭
Am seeing a new pop up window appear when I try to sync my accounts. I launched Quicken this morning as usual, entered my password (as usual), and then when I hit the top left circular arrow button to update my accounts, I got a box that asked for "account credentials". It had pre-entered my Mac user ID, so I'm wondering if this is my Mac trying to save my Quicken password? When I hit "cancel" my accounts updated as normal. I don't WANT my Mac to save my Quicken password - has anyone found a workaround for this?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am seeing a new pop up window appear when I try to sync my accounts. I launched Quicken this morning as usual, entered my password (as usual), and then when I hit the top left circular arrow button to update my accounts, I got a box that asked for "account credentials". It had pre-entered my Mac user ID, so I'm wondering if this is my Mac trying to save my Quicken password? When I hit "cancel" my accounts updated as normal. I don't WANT my Mac to save my Quicken password - has anyone found a workaround for this?
    Gretchen P,

I understand that the requests for credentials can make the updates more difficult to contend with, but I wanted to ask some questions about your account. Which financial institution are you working with? As far as your computer memorizing credentials is concerned, be sure to save a backup then disconnect your account by going into Settings>Downloads. Then quit Quicken and go into Finder>Applications>Utilities>Keychain Access. Be sure to delete any lines you see that contain the words 'Quicken' AND '(insert name of your bank here)'. Then, reopen Quicken and reconnect your account, but be sure the box next to 'Add password to Keychain' is not checked.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
This discussion has been closed.