Feature/Bug request: recording a manual bill payment

Quicken does not allow you to record a bill payment from the bills screen and customize the date or amount. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

I just switched from PC to Mac and it used to work like this:
1. Click "Pay Bill
2. Enter the date and amount, or accept the pre-populated fields
3. Click enter. The payee and category are correct and matched to downloaded transactions and reports in the future.

Now it's one of two things:
1. Click "Mark as Paid"
2. Go to checking account register
3. Find the transaction
4. Edit the date and amount
5. Press enter
6. Come back to Quicken after the payment processes
7. Manually ensure the downloaded transactions match

OR

1. Enter details in the checking account register
2. Look at past transactions to ensure the payee name and category match previous transactions
3. Press enter
4. Come back to Quicken after the payment processes
5. Manually ensure the downloaded transactions match
6. Manually ensure categorization matches previous entries for reporting so you don't get redundant categories

How is it in the day and age of one click convenience in almost every area of our lives that we can't get this right? What product manager signed off on this? I have spent over two hours on the phone with support and it's quite clear that Quicken has gone backwards on functionality in this area.

Comments

• DocNice
    DocNice Member
    By the way, if you don't match those downloaded transactions later, which is not always easy given that the dates might not match, have fun balancing your account.
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @DocNice

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your concerns and we apologize for any inconvenience or confusion. If your bill is properly linked to an eBiller, you should be able to pay the bill directly from the Bills & Income > Bills tab. If the bill is set up for Quick Pay, under the Actions column you should see Pay with Quick Pay instead of Mark as Paid. You may also press the three dots next to Mark as Paid and select Pay with Quick Pay. 

If a bill is not linked up to an eBiller enabling it for Quick Pay, you will receive a message similar to this:

If you receive this message, you may select Link eBill where you can then search for and link your bill with its eBiller - enabling Quick Pay. 

You may also refer to this Knowledge Base Article from our Support page.

If you have any further questions or if you run into any issues setting up these eBillers, please reach out to us so that we may assist you further. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • I just switched from windows to mac too and this is bugging me. I don't think the answer from quicken is what you are looking for though at least it's not what my problem is. All my bill are autodraft I just need to be able to adjust the amounts when I enter them into the transaction register.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I just switched from windows to mac too and this is bugging me. I don't think the answer from quicken is what you are looking for though at least it's not what my problem is. All my bill are autodraft I just need to be able to adjust the amounts when I enter them into the transaction register.
    Hello labayougirl,

I am sorry that your questions are still lingering. Are you trying to edit the amounts that have been entered as bill reminders?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.