Quick Pay Mac Recurring Payments

Options
Does Mac Quick Pay allow me to schedule automatic recurring payments (e.g. mortgage payment)? I can set it up in the loan details tab (Payment Method/Quick Pay), but for some reason I have to manually initiate the payment every month.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MikeP said:
    Does Mac Quick Pay allow me to schedule automatic recurring payments (e.g. mortgage payment)? I can set it up in the loan details tab (Payment Method/Quick Pay), but for some reason I have to manually initiate the payment every month.
    Hello MikeP,

You can, indeed, set up recurring payments for mortgages and investment accounts. Provided that you have enabled your account for Quick Pay, you would then go to the 'Bills & Income' option at the top of the Quicken window and then set up a payment reminder.

Select the 'Bills' tab and then select 'Track.' You will select 'eBill' if the biller will be providing an account online that you can connect to, and you will be prompted to enter your credentials for the biller's website if you select this option. Of course, your biller will have to be available on the drop down list that appears in Quicken in order to connect. Selecting 'Other Bill' will allow you to set up a reminder for the payments and bills you plan to track manually. 

After you've selected one of those two options and filled out the necessary information, you will be asked to enter the transaction details and then to schedule the Bill Reminder. This should set up a recurring payment in Quicken once you have provided the necessary day of the month and other frequency details.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • MikeP
    MikeP Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jared,

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I have done all that, and the transaction detail window now shows that the payment method is Quick Pay. It is scheduled monthly for the first of the month.

Will the transaction now be automatically paid on the first of every month, or is this just a reminder that will prompt me to go into my account monthly to initiate the Quick Pay transaction? I ask because the “Mark as Paid” option only allows for “I’ll do it myself”. That seems to imply that I need to take some action every month to ensure the transaction is initiated.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MikeP said:
    Jared,

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I have done all that, and the transaction detail window now shows that the payment method is Quick Pay. It is scheduled monthly for the first of the month.

Will the transaction now be automatically paid on the first of every month, or is this just a reminder that will prompt me to go into my account monthly to initiate the Quick Pay transaction? I ask because the “Mark as Paid” option only allows for “I’ll do it myself”. That seems to imply that I need to take some action every month to ensure the transaction is initiated.
    MikeP,

Thanks for checking back in with me. Your transaction should be paid automatically, and you should be able to see the status in Quicken. You will normally receive a notice once the payment is delivered, and this generally happens on the same day. Of course, we are nearing a Holiday, but there you have it. 

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared
This discussion has been closed.