Quicken Says Can't Open My File Without Password

Options
Wise Mize
Wise Mize Member ✭✭
I've never had a password for my file. Spent well over an hour yesterday 12/20 with support to unlock my file. They did not get it done. Now in another hold cue waiting to talk to someone. Haven't been able to upload my files since 12/17. Anyone got any quick solutions? I've cancelled my Renewal for Quicken in 2022 [Removed-Disruptive] Not worth my time!

Comments

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @Wise Mize

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report your problem, though I am sorry for the trouble this issue has caused you. In order to help us better assist you, would you mind answering a few questions about this issue?

When was the last time you were able to access your data file without a password being requested? Was Quicken open when you received the pop-up? Or, was Quicken closed and you encountered this issue trying to open the program? We have been investigating this behavior and, unfortunately, this is a known error wherein the program requires a password for files that had previously no password. 

Did this error occur after a Quicken update? How about a Windows update? Additionally, where is the file physically located on your computer? Is your file stored on, being backed up by, or otherwise being accessed by a third-party Cloud Service? 

As I mentioned before, this is a known issue and this is currently being investigated - until our investigation has been completed, our current recommendation is that you Restore a Backup from before this password message appeared. You may do this by navigating to File > Restore a Backup File and selecting a backup from before this issue presented itself.

Again, I am truly sorry for the frustration this error is causing you. Once you have this additional information, please reach back out so that we may investigate this message further. Thank you!

-Quicken September

This discussion has been closed.