Printing Checks with Canon Imageclass Printers.

Options
EllisGJ
EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
Has anyone been able to use the multi-purpose tray on Canon Imageclass printers to print partial check pages (i.e., with one or two checks)?

I have followed the Canon instructions as best as possible: I have registered the custom paper sizes (for partial sheets with one or two checks) and select the correct one when I insert a partial sheet into the multi-purpose tray, putting it properly into position and adjusting the tray size. When I attempt to print, I get a "Paper Settings and Loaded Size Mismatch" error from the Canon printer and the checks do not print.

I've setup Check Printing in Quicken as page-oriented, standard checks, feeder source = multi-purpose tray and tried both Edge and Centered settings.

Thanks for any help!

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can't speak about this particular printer model, but ...

Here's a workaround:
    If you can't resolve the size issue, you can try to use form leaders to feed your printer with a proper 8.5x11" sheet while printing a partial 1- or 2-checks page in normal portrait orientation.
    See https://intuitmarket.intuit.com/fsg/businesschecks/formleaders.aspx for an example of form leaders. Check your local office supply store, search on the Internet or order from Intuit.

My 2cents' worth:
    I use Voucher Checks (1 business size check + 2 stubs on an 8.5x11" sheet). My printers do not have a manual feed tray or 2nd paper tray that can easily be reconfigured to feed partial pages (1 or 2 checks left from a 3-checks-per-page sheet), so for my occasional check printing needs Voucher Checks are easiest to use.
    When making a purchase decision for a new supply of check forms and considering your own check stock to use, consider how easy or difficult it is to feed special forms or odd-size partial pages into your printer.

• EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, UKR. I ordered the leaders.

I remain very disappointed that Canon doesn't support a simple function like check printing on partial pages.
This discussion has been closed.