I need to get reports from Home and Business 2014 database, but I've switched to Mac.

Being self-employed, my late husband used Quicken Home and Business 2014 on a Windows 8 PC. How do I get the reports I need for tax purposes because I know I'll need them for filing for 2021? I have a Mac PC now, so I was wondering if would be able to open the database in Starter or Deluxe? I don't quite know what to do.

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Security code for what?  You might be able to install Home & Business on the laptop.   Give it a try,   To use it on Mac you have yo convert the file.  See my link above.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss.  Do you still have the Windows PC?   Or do you need to install a Mac Quicken and open the data file?  Do you have the data file ending in .qdf from Windows?

Convert from Windows to Mac

Converting from Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac 

• Bike1550
    Bike1550 Member
    I have the data file on a thumb drive, and I do still have an old Windows 7 laptop, but I don't know if I can install the Quicken Home and Business on it to get the reports because the security code is partially missing. Would I be able to open a Windows-created data file on a Mac PC?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Security code for what?  You might be able to install Home & Business on the laptop.   Give it a try,   To use it on Mac you have yo convert the file.  See my link above.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Oh if you can get 2014 installed on the Windows 7 you first need to update it before trying to open the data.   One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html

• Bike1550
    Bike1550 Member
    I'll try installing Home and Business on the laptop to get the reports I need, and no, I don't want to try using on my Mac as I don't think I need that for my finances. I figured I'd get Starter for Mac.
  • Bike1550
    Bike1550 Member
    I did get Home and Business installed on the laptop and was able to open the data file, but I think I was worked up about nothing. The last transaction was May 27th, 2020. There are no transactions for 2021. I do appreciate the help that you provided though. Thank you and Merry Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.