How to correct category of online bill

How can I edit a linked online bill's category? Our RCN bill is showing up as Phone and I can't figure out where to change it. I don't want to have to change it manually every month to the correct category. Seems to defeat the purpose of having it linked. Is there a way that I can't find? The only Actions are password or remove under Manage Online Billers.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @karensc7, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. If the bill is linked to a reminder, you can change the category by going to Tools > Manage Bill & Income Reminders > Select Bill > Click Edit > Edit this Instance & all future instances > then you can change the category under details. However, if this bill is not linked to a reminder then you can go to Tools > Memorized Payee List > Select the Bill > edit > change category. I hope this helps!
    - Quicken Jade

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @karensc7, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. If the bill is linked to a reminder, you can change the category by going to Tools > Manage Bill & Income Reminders > Select Bill > Click Edit > Edit this Instance & all future instances > then you can change the category under details. However, if this bill is not linked to a reminder then you can go to Tools > Memorized Payee List > Select the Bill > edit > change category. I hope this helps!
    - Quicken Jade
  • karensc7
    karensc7 Member ✭✭
    Thank you so much, Jade! (For whatever reason, I can't tag you...) That was super helpful and something I didn't know existed. Only a month in, so I'm sure there is much to learn ahead of me.

Happy New Year!
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    You're very welcome @karensc7, I'm glad to be of help! I'd definitely recommend looking in our community more and even our YouTube channel to learn more. Happy New Year! :smile:
    - Quicken Jade
This discussion has been closed.