Error in transition from 2004 to 2013

Options
I just downloaded 2013 and it transferred my back up folder from Q 2004. However, not all of the data transferred. It stopped at Oct. 2020. Before updating, I created a current back up file.
Any ideas on how to get data from Oct. 2020 to Dec. 2021 back?

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @swenson19, I do apologize that you're experiencing this issue and I completely understand how concerning this would be. I would recommend that you reinstall 2004, restore your backup, then do a validate and repair. Then try and install 2013 again and restore your data, please let me know if this works thank you!
    -Quicken Jade
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stupid question, but ... are you sure you restored the backup file that you just created before installing Q 2013? Or could it be that you restored an older backup by mistake?
    After restore, when you look at the bank account register ... is that register correctly sorted by Date in ascending order? The "Date" column header should have a little triangle next to it, pointing up "Date ^". If not, click the Date column header once to sort the register. Clicking the same column header again will toggle the sort order from ascending to descending and back.
    How about the active Quicken data file from 2004? Is that still available? Originally the file used to be in the folder C:\Quickenw or, on more modern Windows versions, in \Documents\Quicken and consisted of something like 5 separate files, all named the same, e.g., QDATA, but with different file types: .QDF, .QSD, .QEL, .QPH, .IDX (you need all these files for a complete conversion)
This discussion has been closed.