One of my AllyBank QFX files will not import

Options
peace2022
peace2022 Member
I was able to add all 3 of my AllyBank accounts, and they automatically download transactions for the last 3 months. I want to now download and import the transactions for the earlier part of the year (2021). This was successful for the 2 checking accounts. When I attempt to import the savings account, nothing happens. I click Open, the progress bar briefly shows "Preparing to import" and that's it. I've tried several times, tried regenerating the file, and tried quitting and relaunching the app.
Tagged:

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Howdy peace2022:

The first thing I would check is if that QFX has any transaction history in it. It isn't unusual for banks that limit history to 90 days to also do the same in QFX file downloads (even though it prepares the file as if it does have data.) 

Open that QFX in a (any) text editor and see if any transactions are actually in it. The format will look bizarre at first, but transactions will be readily apparent as you scroll through.

Yes, it is odd that other Ally accounts would give >90 days for some accounts, but not for another. But, stranger things have happened. 

If you don't find transactions in the file, then you will have to manually enter the data. If you do see transactions, that is another matter-post back.
This discussion has been closed.