Optum Bank not allowing detailed cash transactions

hurwi
hurwi Mac Beta Beta
My Optum Bank Dependent Care FSA is showing "Quicken cannot connect to this account" and when I click "Fix It" and reenter my credentials, Quicken tells me "this financial institution only supports simple tracking". It requires me to relink both my HSA and Dependent Care FSA (HSA seems to be working fine without relinking). However, neither of these are investment accounts, they are both cash accounts and up until recently I've been able to download and edit all cash transactions. How do I set up the FSA to continue to download/edit cash transactions and not switch to Simple Tracking?

Comments

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @hurwi

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question, though I am sorry for the trouble. Have you tried completely Disconnecting and Reconnecting the account? Occasionally when the Fix it option is not giving the desired result, completely disconnecting the account and reconnecting the account may do the trick.

Now, before you perform this process, I do strongly advise that you Save a Backup. (You may do this by navigating to File and then Save a Backup.)

• Highlight the account you would like to disconnect in your accounts list
    • Navigate to your Account Settings through Accounts in the menu bar and then select Settings (or by clicking the Settings Gear in the lower righthand corner of your register.) 
    • Next, select the Downloads tab.
    • From here, please select Disconnect Account to completely disconnect the account from the Financial Institution. 
    • Once the account is disconnected, please navigate to the Plus (+) sign in the upper lefthand corner (or Accounts > New > [Account Type])
    • In the bank list, find your Financial Institution and continue.
    • A sign-in page should appear - Input your credentials and then follow the prompts to continue linking your accounts.

Note: Pay special attention to the Action column when your account pulls up to make sure that that you link it to your original account (the one with the full history) instead of adding as a new account, otherwise you’ll end up with duplicate accounts.

I would advise you to try this method and get back to us with the results - if this does not work, we may continue troubleshooting if necessary. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

-Quicken September 

• hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks @Quicken_September. That didn't seem to work, but what did was setting the HSA account to "ignore" and the DCFSA to link when asking to link the account. Since the HSA was already linked it should hopefully keep downloading as well but now the DCFSA is also downloading.

So it seems somehow the change to Simple Tracking is only tied to the HSA, but the modal says "this financial institution only supports simple tracking", which isn't really true. Also, I don't have investments in the HSA, it's just a savings account, so it shouldn't switch me to simple tracking anyway. All a bit confusing.

Thanks again for your help.
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Hello, @hurwi

Thank you for reaching back out to the Community with your update! I apologize for the trouble, though I am happy to hear that you have found a resolution to your issue. Please let us know if you continue to run into any issues so that we can troubleshoot further. Thank you and have a great day!

-Quicken September
This discussion has been closed.