One Step Update tries to update closed accounts

Options
I have had this issue since before the latest online banking download issue was resolved yesterday. After one of the recent Quicken updates, online updates attempts to update 3 closed PNC accounts. I have double checked that the accounts are deactivated in Quicken and they are. A screen asking for the account number and password comes up for each account and update will not finish until I click cancel on each attempted update.

Comments

• kdcasner
    kdcasner Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. On every update, Quicken is asking to Add Account and asks for PNC usename and password
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @john.j-dford, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. My recommendation would be to validate and copy your file. This will deactivate all your accounts though, so you'll have to relink them after. Here are the steps on how to do that

Always make a backup before performing complex procedures. This ensures that you have a "fallback" file you can use to get back to where you were when you started.

1. Go to File > Copy or Backup File and select Create a copy or template (do not choose Year End Copy for this procedure).
      • Please note, a file copy is disconnected from online services, such as transaction download. Online services would need to be reconnected if you wish to use them in the file copy.
    2. Leave all the settings, including file name and checkboxes, at their default (change nothing on this screen). Simply click Save Copy. 
    3. After the Copy is complete, choose to Open New Copy.
    4. In the New Copy, go to File > Validate and Repair File and select the Validate file option. This is to ensure there are no lingering issues with the data in this file.
    Once this is done, go to Tools > Add Account to reconnect all of your accounts and this pop-up should be gone. I hope this helps!
    - Quicken Jade
This discussion has been closed.