Bank transactions won't download (Q Mac)

I've been a Quicken user since the 1990's. Windows and Mac. Since 12/17/21 my bank transactions (multiple accounts) have failed to download. In an attempt to find and resolve the issue I upgraded to Mac Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100) on the latest Mac OS. Called Quicken Support. Summary of the call was "it's the banks' issues." Bank support teams said everything was fine on their ends. I tried every available reset connection option available on every account. Nothing works anymore. So I tried another third party application. All my account transactions from multiple institutions: checking, savings, brokerage, loans, retirement, etc. downloaded just fine on that app.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    mjhoss60 said:
    I've been a Quicken user since the 1990's. Windows and Mac. Since 12/17/21 my bank transactions (multiple accounts) have failed to download. In an attempt to find and resolve the issue I upgraded to Mac Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100) on the latest Mac OS. Called Quicken Support. Summary of the call was "it's the banks' issues." Bank support teams said everything was fine on their ends. I tried every available reset connection option available on every account. Nothing works anymore. So I tried another third party application. All my account transactions from multiple institutions: checking, savings, brokerage, loans, retirement, etc. downloaded just fine on that app.
    Hello mjhoss60,

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with transaction downloads. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this matter. Are you noticing this issue when you try to download QFX files from the banking institutions' websites? What - if any - error messages are you noticing when you try to update the accounts by going into the 'Accounts' menu at the top of the screen and selecting 'Update all accounts'?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • mjhoss60
    mjhoss60 Member
    Thanks Jared. There are no error messages with any of the banks. The application seems to function as it always has when I ask it to update all accounts, it just isn't downloading any credit card transactions, checks or deposits. (One of the accounts - a 401k from a separate bank - did download today.) I can also download a QFX and upload that.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    mjhoss60 said:
    Thanks Jared. There are no error messages with any of the banks. The application seems to function as it always has when I ask it to update all accounts, it just isn't downloading any credit card transactions, checks or deposits. (One of the accounts - a 401k from a separate bank - did download today.) I can also download a QFX and upload that.
    @mjhoss60,

My pleasure, and I want to say that I am happy to hear back from you. Is there any way you would be willing to try this in a new data file? Be sure to save a backup first, but in order to do this, you would start by going to 'File' in the menu at the upper left-hand corner of the screen while Quicken is open, then you would select 'New'. Now, try to add your credit accounts and see if new transactions from the last 90 days or so begin downloading. If you can, try to come back by the Community and keep us posted about the results.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • mjhoss60
    mjhoss60 Member
    Thanks Jared. I've tried opening a new file twice. Both times I receive the "Live Opening Balance" but no transactions. Under Account Settings "Download All Available Transactions" is marked. When I then try to download transactions a second time, I receive nothing.
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @mjhoss60.

Thank you for reaching out to us with this update, though I apologize that this remains an issue for you. What is/are the financial institution(s) you are not receiving updates from? Additionally, would you mind sending in examples of the transactions that have not been downloaded as well as the log files for your account? 

To submit logs, please navigate to Help and then Report a Problem. From here you may briefly describe the issue and select Send to Quicken.

As far as the example transactions, I will DM you so that you will have the option to send them via DM instead of posting them here. We will cross-reference your logs with the example transactions to see if we are able to find the transactions there. We will need at least 3 transactions and the:
    • Date of the transactions
    • Payee, exactly as shown in your bank's register
    • Amount of the transaction 
    • Screenshots of the transactions in your bank's register
    Once you have this additional information, let us know and we will review your logs. Thank you and have a great day! 

-Quicken September
  • Warren3
    Warren3 Member
    I am having a similar problem. Things were working fine until three days ago. My bank transactions will not download. It says "Quicken cannot connect to this account." I also get a "Sync Error" message and the statement "Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.
    Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support," along with "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (QCS_SERVER_ERROR:not.found)." I have been a Quicken user since the first year of its introduction. This appears to be a Quicken error as I get the same message from three different financial institutions which normally download my information with out problems. Can someone at Quicken tell us when this will be resolved? Thanks!
  • Quicken September
    edited January 2022
    Hello, @Warren3.

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to add to this discussion, though it sounds like a slightly different error as you are experiencing an error message. I apologize that you are experiencing this. Have you tried Disconnecting and Reconnecting your accounts? 

Now, before you perform this process, I do advise that you Save a Backup. (You can do this by navigating to File and then Save a Backup.)

• Highlight the account(s) that you are experiencing these errors with in your accounts list
    • Access your Account Settings by going to Accounts in the menu bar and selecting Settings or by clicking the Settings Gear in the lower righthand corner of your register. 
    • From here, select the Downloads tab.
    • Select Disconnect Account to completely disconnect the account from the Financial Institution. 
    • Once the accounts are disconnected, please navigate to the Plus (+) sign in the upper lefthand corner (or Accounts > New > [Account Type])
    • In the bank list, find your Financial Institution and continue.
    • A sign-in page should appear - Input your credentials and then follow the prompts to continue linking your accounts.

Note: Pay special attention to the Action column when your account pulls up to make sure that you link it to your original account (the one with the full history) instead of adding it as a new accountotherwise you’ll end up with duplicate accounts.

Once you have tried this, please reach back out with the results so that we may provide further assistance if necessary. Thank you and have a wonderful day! 

-Quicken September

• Quicken September
    Hello again, @mjhoss60.

Thank you for providing these example transactions, though I apologize for any trouble. We have received your example transactions, however, since these transactions are dated after the last time you sent in your log files, could you please go to Help and Report a Problem to send us updated logs? We will need either older transactions prior to the 30th (the last time you sent us your log files) or new logs as of today. Thank you for your patience and continued cooperation as we diagnose and troubleshoot this error. When this is done, please let me know. Thanks!

-Quicken September 
  • mjhoss60
    mjhoss60 Member
    Community update: One month later and still not working. I have to manually add transactions into multiple accounts.
This discussion has been closed.