Transaction Downloads Stop

jbm440
jbm440 Member
I couple weeks ago my quicken updated and my credit unions transactions stopped downloading. I have reset the accounts, i have deactivated the accounts, and then reactivated the download feature. I work for the credit union in question and on a work computer using work accounts the downloads continue to function; same version of Quicken. Is there a way to clear the cache on the PC i'm using to reset this? This is the 4th or 5th time this year this has happened and generally within a day or two it starts to work again. Why does this continue to happen? [Removed - Rant/Unhelpful]

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please provide more details.

What edition level (Starter Edition, Deluxe, etc.), version and release of Quicken (R xx.xx)  are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop/laptop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

Do you use Trend Micro antivirus (or some other antivirus program)?
    If so, temporarily disable your antivirus for the duration of the installation process.

Have you recently enabled a VPN?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.

Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
    Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.

• jbm440
    jbm440 Member
    I am at version R36.57 Build 27.1.36.57 and I am using Quicken Deluxe. I am not seeing error codes, it simply doesn't update for accounts related that the specific Credit Union. No other bank issues. The issue occurs for all accounts, savings, checking, and loans for that credit union. I do not use Trend Micro.

As I stated before I reset the accounts and disabled downloads for all of the accounts and resetup the downloads.

I have not done anything with a VPN. This is my personal PC and not corporate firewall. If other accounts are updating correctly the AV is allowing access to the internet for quicken.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes transactions get stuck in limbo after downloading. Have you tried these steps?
  • jbm440
    jbm440 Member
    Yeah, i'm an old pro at this. I've seen that article and it didn't have an impact. I have 5 different accounts all having the same issue; all from the same credit union. It's as if Quicken doesn't want to communicate with that institution. I am prompted from MFA when it attempts so it surprises me.
  • jbm440
    jbm440 Member
    I did notice that the accounts having an issue are Express Web Connect if that helps any.
  • jbm440
    jbm440 Member
    Created a new quicken file and still won't download express web connect. I see the balance update but no transaction downloads. This is really frustrating.