Quicken will not import downloaded transactions into bank accounts

zobdu1
zobdu1 Member
I have been downloading transactions from each of my bank accounts and then importing them into Quicken since it started refusing to download them automatically via the One Step Update. This has been going on for at least a year or more with some of my accounts.

Within the past week or so (I noticed it started with the latest update), Quicken has refused to import the transactions as it had in the past. The Quicken icon will show that I've opened the .qfx file but no new transactions are shown in the downloaded transactions list. I've had to check each day and manually input them one by one which is obviously quite tedious.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Answers

• Hello @zobdu1,

Thank you for coming to the Community to report the issues you are having, though I apologize that you are experiencing this at all. 

What is the financial institution that you are unable to import the transactions for? Are there accounts with more than one bank affected? 

Additionally, can you please go to Help>Report a Problem from within your Quicken software. From there you can provide a brief description of the issue you are having and send the report to Quicken. Please leave the log files attached when you do this. 

Looking forward to hearing your response, thanks!

Quicken Alyssa

• zobdu1
    zobdu1 Member
    Thank you for replying so quickly.

I have accounts from two banking institutions (Huntington and Fifth Third Bank) as well as my Chase credit card. all of these accounts were importing my downloaded transactions properly until last week.

The One-Step Update feature has been quite buggy over the past year at least so I have been using the work-around of importing them myself with .qfx files from their websites. As a matter of fact, I have tried the One-Step Update over the past couple days to try to find out if it might be working and it has been displaying a message that "Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least ten minutes, and then try again." This is the first time I've seen this particular message but there have been one's similar in wording in the past so I just found an alternative.

I will send a message to the support team via the program as you requested.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.