why is auto depreciation entered differently than home appreciation?

Options
Neil Greer
Neil Greer Member ✭✭
When I enter a yearly depreciation for my auto it is entered as both an expense for the year and is reflected in the net worth. But when I enter an appreciation for my home, it is only reflected in the net worth and not as an income. As neither of these are actually income or expenses (only potential until sold) it seems like they should only be reflected in the net worth.

Best Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You'll need to explain or show how you are entering both transactions.  I suspect the home is being treated as a transfer back to the same account, and the car is being assigned a category.

Also, what reports are you specifically using and how do you have them customized with respect to transfers (Advanced Tab of customization)?
  • Neil Greer
    Neil Greer Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Perfect, thank you. I have changed the car entry to a transfer back to the same account.

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You'll need to explain or show how you are entering both transactions.  I suspect the home is being treated as a transfer back to the same account, and the car is being assigned a category.

Also, what reports are you specifically using and how do you have them customized with respect to transfers (Advanced Tab of customization)?
  • Neil Greer
    Neil Greer Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Perfect, thank you. I have changed the car entry to a transfer back to the same account.
This discussion has been closed.