Unable to Reconcile

This discussion was created from comments split from: Is R37.62 a staged release? Available to all users? What?.

Comments

• Geno J
    Geno J Member ✭✭✭
    Since I have successfully reauthorized my Schwab Accounts (after HOURS of HELL) the only problem that remains is I cannot reconcile my bank account. I have all of my transactions but I have to leave them uncleared or I cannot reconcile. Anyone else having this issue
  • Geno J
    Geno J Member ✭✭✭
    Upon Further review the total amount out of balance is the same as my opening balance in the account on 10/09/2006 (yes 15 years ago) but the transaction is [R]econciled]. It appears that the reconciliation window is not accounting for this when I attempt to reconcile my account. UGH!!! :neutral:
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geno J said:
    Upon Further review the total amount out of balance is the same as my opening balance in the account on 10/09/2006 (yes 15 years ago) but the transaction is [R]econciled]. It appears that the reconciliation window is not accounting for this when I attempt to reconcile my account. UGH!!! :neutral:
    Is that the right Opening Balance?  Perhaps that Opening Balance should be $0?

At odd times (program upgrades?) for unknown reasons, Quicken seems to at times alter Opening Balance transactions.  For most of my accounts, I try to have that opening balance start from $0, so that any change is more obvious. 
  • Geno J
    Geno J Member ✭✭✭
    I went back through my data from my old checking account (prior to Schwab) and indeed the opening balance in the Schwab account should be zero as I did not transfer any money from the old account to Schwab. Thanks for the idea. I'm back in Balance :smile:
This discussion has been closed.