How to use Scheduled Transaction Group

Options
Hi. I have a large number of scheduled transactions which up to now I have entered onto the register manually one at a time from Tools/Manage Bill and Income Reminders. This is somewhat laborious and I have been looking to see if there is a way to enter them all with one click. I found elsewhere in the forum a reference to something called Scheduled Transaction Group, which appears to do what I want. I have set up a group and saved it, but now I cant find it anywhere, nor can I find out how to use it. Could someone enlighten me please?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Sort the Tools / Manage Bill and Income Reminders view by Payee Name. Your Scheduled Transaction Group should appear near the top as, e.g., "(Group 1) name" [where "name" is the name you gave this group].
    For reminders that are the same every time, specifically same amount and needing no other changes, you could also have changed each individual reminder from "Remind me [xx] days in advance" to "Auto enter [xx] days in advance" (instead of using a Scheduled Transaction Group)

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Sort the Tools / Manage Bill and Income Reminders view by Payee Name. Your Scheduled Transaction Group should appear near the top as, e.g., "(Group 1) name" [where "name" is the name you gave this group].
    For reminders that are the same every time, specifically same amount and needing no other changes, you could also have changed each individual reminder from "Remind me [xx] days in advance" to "Auto enter [xx] days in advance" (instead of using a Scheduled Transaction Group)
  • Wesley Kendrick
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I have gone with your last suggestion and changed all the reminders to Auto enter, and set the number of days equal to the date day. That way they all get entered onto the register on the 1st of the month while retaining their date order, which is exactly what I wanted!
This discussion has been closed.