Better to not convert, and just start a new Quicken?

Options
SASCBCFort
SASCBCFort Member
For a version of Quicken for Mac (16.0 - R1, I think from 2006) that has not been updated in years, I have seen some posts about doing an intermediate upgrade and then upgrading to current Quicken.

My questions: Would it just be easier to save the current Quicken (that apparently has never been synched to any virtual space) to a cloud server "as is", and acquire a current program?
They only have two bank accounts, and have not ever used the current, outdated program/version for just a bill pay program with a few EFT connections.

They would be able to reference their old data, but would not go through the process of upgrading via an intermediate step.

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    I would at least try to import the data into the current version of Quicken. Even if you do wind up starting a new file, it's still better to be able to use the current program to read the old data & not have to fool around with keeping 15 year old software running. Since it's only a couple of bank accounts I think the upgrade has a pretty good chance of working.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    I would at least try to import the data into the current version of Quicken. Even if you do wind up starting a new file, it's still better to be able to use the current program to read the old data & not have to fool around with keeping 15 year old software running. Since it's only a couple of bank accounts I think the upgrade has a pretty good chance of working.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.