problem opening Quicken

Options
Wayne Daren
Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
I changed my email address and therefore my Q ID also on my desktop computer. I also copied over my data to my backup laptop computer. Now, my laptop Q program crashes when it tries to open my datafile. I sent the error report to Quicken, but it happens so fast, I dont see an error number.

How can I fix this on my laptop? Thank you .

Best Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Wayne Daren, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Can you please try the following steps? 
    1. Hold Ctrl + Shift on your keyboard and double-click the Quicken icon.
      Note: You will need to continue to hold Ctrl + Shift until Quicken opens with a blank screen
    2. Go to File & Select "New Quicken File", you can name this file test then click save
    3. From this point, you should be prompted to sign in, if your old email address is greyed out you can click "Sign in using a different Quicken ID" in blue letters at the bottom
    4. Once you are signed in, you should be able to switch back to your main file

Quicken will list the most recently opened files so you can access and switch between them from the File menu.

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing

Please let me know if this works!
    - Quicken Jade

• Wayne Daren
    Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It worked. Thank you.

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Wayne Daren, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Can you please try the following steps? 
    1. Hold Ctrl + Shift on your keyboard and double-click the Quicken icon.
      Note: You will need to continue to hold Ctrl + Shift until Quicken opens with a blank screen
    2. Go to File & Select "New Quicken File", you can name this file test then click save
    3. From this point, you should be prompted to sign in, if your old email address is greyed out you can click "Sign in using a different Quicken ID" in blue letters at the bottom
    4. Once you are signed in, you should be able to switch back to your main file

Quicken will list the most recently opened files so you can access and switch between them from the File menu.

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing

Please let me know if this works!
    - Quicken Jade

• Wayne Daren
    Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It worked. Thank you.
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad to hear it worked, thank you for participating in the community!
    - Quicken Jade
This discussion has been closed.