Downloads from Amex won't work, and Imports don't get imported.

I, too, have been having problems updating one of my Amex accounts on my MacBook Pro. All I have for 2021 is 1 transaction in January, and the transactions for the month of April. I decided to download and Import the transactions as I get ready for tax season. Quicken acts as if the downloaded QFX file is being imported, but the transactions don't show up anywhere.

Has this happened to anyone, and if so, how were you able to resolve this?

I had problems earlier this year when I tried to update my Amex accounts on a Monday, and the technical assistance I received was to attempt the update on Tuesday. That worked for one of my accounts, but not this one.

Comments

• nibukl44
    nibukl44 Member
    I'm having the same problem with imports (Apple qfx). Incredibly frustrating. Wish I had a fix. Day 1 and I'm about to pull the plug on this new years resolution.
  • nibukl44
    nibukl44 Member
    I think you need to go to settings -> downloads -> disconnect account before importing. That didn't solve my problem, but might solve yours.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If Quicken thinks QFX transactions were once imported, it won't import them again, even if they've been deleted. If the disconnect-then-import trick doesn't work, here's another workaround: Create a new Quicken file and import the transactions to that file using a unique account name. Then export that file in QXF format and import the QFX into your main file. Move the transactions to the correct account then delete the imported account. Let me know if you need more detailed instructions on this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • I just solved the problem, similar to RickO above but didn't have to create a new Quicken File, just created a new Credit Card "Account" in my existing Quicken file instead of trying to add it to my existing Amex account. I did disconnect Web Connect first, then when I imported the QFX file it asked where I wanted to add it and that's where I created a new account. Hope this helps someone!
  • telcore
    telcore Member
    Neither Amex nor Chase Visa imported the December statement of transactions. I tried the settings->downloads disconnect to no avail. Reading RickO's suggestion sounds painful - I will have to give this some thought. It must be a Quicken bug.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Looks like there's a known issue: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905187/new-01-03-22-qfx-web-connect-files-not-importing

You really should be asked each time if you want to create a new account or link to existing. May be a bug preventing that from happening.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.