Adding Wells Fargo Home Mortgage to Bill Manager for Quick Pay

Recently my mortgage was taken over by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.  I was able to set up the loan without issue and it connected to Wells Fargo Bank and downloaded the correct balance.  However, when I try to set it up in Bill Manager as an Online Bill it never truly gets setup.  It states it waiting for the next bill which, by the way, was due 2 days ago on 1/1/22.  I also setup 2 step authentication to see if it would prompt me to have a security code sent by text or via a call but I never received the prompt.  If I do a repair of online billers it says Wells Fargo is on the server but not complete locally and if it was setup recently cancel or click on return to have it removed.  

I also created a new quicken file and went through the same process with the same results.  

Is anyone else having this issue or if not, how were you able to get Wells Fargo Home Mortgage added?

Thanks in advance.  

PS - Update:  Used a bogus password when trying to add it to Bill Manager and got the same results.  It doesn't appear it is even trying to log into Wells Fargo's site.  
Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, there were reported problems with Wells Fargo Mortgage accounts in the last few weeks.
    I recommend that, at the WF website, you set up your account for making monthly automatic withdrawals from your checking account. And in Quicken ...

At least in Quicken for Windows, an online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

If you're a Q Mac user, you should be able to do something similar about setting up and maintaining an offline mortgage account together with a correctly calculated Scheduled Transaction Reminder for the monthly payments.

• HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply.  I actually had this problem since late November when I refinanced my mortgage with Wells Fargo.  My Payments, when made, do reflect the principle being applied to my Wells Fargo Mortgage account and not a category.  For mortgages, if you look under the Property & Debt tab and select your mortgage loan then click on Payment details, Quicken opens the register where it reflects the principle applied to each mortgage payment.  
  • HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    This morning, for whatever reason, I was able to add my Wells Fargo mortgage payment to Bill Manager.  Now, the question is, will it actually process my payment when I schedule it for Feb 1.  
This discussion has been closed.