Live Opening Balance

I just finished creating my first budget and adding my accounts to Quicken. When I look at the transaction sheet I see a statement that says "Live Opening Balance." How is that number determined? That number is in green. The number to the right is grey, but that number does reflect what currently shows in my checking account.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    PTMay said:
    I just finished creating my first budget and adding my accounts to Quicken. When I look at the transaction sheet I see a statement that says "Live Opening Balance." How is that number determined? That number is in green. The number to the right is grey, but that number does reflect what currently shows in my checking account.
    Hello @PTMay

I am sorry for any confusion, and I appreciate you reaching out to us here on the Quicken Community regarding this subject. 

The Live Opening Balance is calculated by totaling all of the most recent transactions downloaded - typically the last 90 days' worth - and then subtracting that amount from the online balance as it was when the account was linked to your financial institution's online banking services. Most often, the pending transactions in your online accounts will not be included in the calculation, which is performed by Quicken automatically.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.