Cannot connect to Charles Schwab
edited February 2022 in Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
I see the posts on this issue on 12/14/2021. One mentions the problem and says to keep it bookmarked. A post 4 hours later says the problem is resolved, but I cannot make a download work (I've used Quicken since 1993). Download activity was "Off" and am trying to connect with Scwhab to restore an automatic download of transactions. Is there some fix that I need to apply? I
There has been a ton of "things to do" - since Schwab migrated to their new downloading protocol....What version are you running ? ..... Help --> About QuickenQWin Deluxe Subscription - Win100
I have version R37.66, build 18.104.22.168. It mentions Windows 10, but I am now running Windows 110
Hi @Curtis624, thank you for that information. I do apologize for this issue and any inconvenience it may have caused. There are some steps that need to be followed to set up download for Charles Schwab please see this FAQ if you have not yet already
Please follow these steps and let me know if they resolve your issue!
First, ensure all the Schwab accounts are deactivated:
- Select Tools > Account List.
- If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List.
- Select the account(s) for which you want to deactivate online services, and then click Edit. You will want to deactivate the accounts with the financial institution showing as:
- Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (or zz Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.)
- Charles Schwab Bank, N.A. (or zz Charles Schwab Bank, N.A.)
- In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
- Click Deactivate next to the service you want to disable.
- Click Yes to the message asking if you want to disable this service.
- Note: When deactivating a Direct Connect account, you may see an additional prompt advising you to contact your bank to cancel the Direct Connect service. You do not need to contact Schwab in connection with this change.
- Click OK to the confirmation message.
If you encounter a problem while attempting to deactivate the accounts, download and install the R37.37 patch now at this link
Second, reset your cloud data:
- Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web.
- Click Reset your cloud data.
Lastly, attempt to set up your accounts with Schwab again:
- Go to Tools > Add Account.
- Select Charles Schwab & Co, Inc. as the name of the financial institution, and click Next.
- A browser window will open and prompt you to log in to Charles Schwab with your Charles Schwab credentials.
- A list of the Charles Schwab accounts available for download in Quicken will appear. Select all of these accounts and LINK them to your existing accounts in Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.