Avoiding Duplication when Downloaded particular accounts

pso
pso Member
I have 20 accounts at a brokerage firm, and five of them are wrong (balances don't jive with my account at that house as seen on line). I want to delete those five accounts and re-install or download them. I get to the Quicken window that lists ALL 20 accounts, only five of which I want to re-install. My options for the "good" 15 accounts are "add" or "ignore." I don't want to add them again (they are already there) and I don't want to "ignore" them. How do I configure those 15 accounts so that I ONLY add the five accounts that I have deleted.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @pso,

The "Ignore" button just indicates that you don't want to change or affect those accounts in connection with the current action.  If you click on "Ignore" for the 15 accounts that are okay - Quicken will ignore them only with respect to the action you want to take on the five that you want to fix.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @pso,

The "Ignore" button just indicates that you don't want to change or affect those accounts in connection with the current action.  If you click on "Ignore" for the 15 accounts that are okay - Quicken will ignore them only with respect to the action you want to take on the five that you want to fix.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• pso
    pso Member
    Thank you; I was concerned that "ignore" would result in the removal of those accounts.
This discussion has been closed.