My Quicken ID Password disappeared...Where did it go?

Options
jah47Ed
jah47Ed Member ✭✭
The Quicken ID Password "box" (window) disappeared. I can still sign in, but so can anybody else who has access to my desktop. Access to the desktop computer is password protected, however... I don't know if it disappeared at the start of 2022, or after Quicken file update. Related: I recall in 2021 users were given an opportunity to change/upgrade/reset their passwords. I tried to do this to make my p'word stronger, but I could never finish this task, for whatever reason. I have no issues with Vault Password.

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Please clarify:  Are you trying to prevent others from using Quicken or are you trying to prevent others from accessing your Quicken data file?
    If it is the latter, I suggest you go to Edit > Preferences > Startup > Password required when Quicken starts:...it should say Yes.  If it says No, click on Change and you can then enter a PW to protect your data file from be accessed by unauthorized people.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I understand.  Let me know if my suggestion fixed your issue.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Please clarify:  Are you trying to prevent others from using Quicken or are you trying to prevent others from accessing your Quicken data file?
    If it is the latter, I suggest you go to Edit > Preferences > Startup > Password required when Quicken starts:...it should say Yes.  If it says No, click on Change and you can then enter a PW to protect your data file from be accessed by unauthorized people.

• jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am the only user in my household; I do not want computer service technicians having access to my personal financial data, or hackers or anybody else. I really do not want the hassle of "two step authentication" however. I'll try your "fix" - thanks for the timely response. HNY2022.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I understand.  Let me know if my suggestion fixed your issue.

• jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Options
    "fixed"
This discussion has been closed.