"How would you like to receive your code?" dialog box provides only one choice

aaf.fiore
aaf.fiore Member ✭✭
I am trying to activate my "One Step Update" for a Bank of America account. I can sign into the account but the subsequent step fails because the "How would you like to receive your code?" dialog box provides only one choice: "text to [my landline]" Obviously, I cannot receive a text to my landline. The dialog box does not provide any other choices, just a blank box or the defective choice.

I spent an hour waiting for a Quicken chat to respond to my questions. I had entered all the answers, but then the questions were repeated and they did not recognize my responses that I had entered to all the questions in the chat transcript above.

My Quicken personal information page already had my preferred telephone contact as my cell phone number. The program itself, fails to pick up this information.

There appears to be no way to update this dialog box's information to add an appropriate choice. This is definitely a Quicken programming error.

PLEASE FIX THIS ERROR!

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I suspect this may be originating from B of A. Go to the Contact Info section of your profile on the B of A web site and ensure that you have enabled your mobile phone to receive alerts. And disable your landline from alerts while you're there.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.