Quicken Home & Business 2014 (Canada) functional on Windows 10?

Options
GC_QHB14Can
GC_QHB14Can Member ✭✭
I have been running Quicken Home & Business 2014 R 4 (23.1.4.5) Canadian Edition on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 for many years (several upgrades and file conversions all the way back to Quicken 2002 Deluxe and maybe earlier on 98 & XP!) and it is perfectly setup for my financial needs and is running extremely well on Windows 7. I stopped using the bank transaction download & web features after they were no longer supported by Intuit/Quicken and so I reconcile manually.

Since I really do not like Quicken's new subscription business model, nor do I like Windows 10, but my 10+ year old Windows 7 Dell XPS8300 PC is on its last legs (RAM problems) and used primarily for Quicken and Income Tax software. So I may have to buy a new (cheap) Windows 10 PC to run Q2014. I have a Mac, but Quicken is still nowhere near functional on Macs, especially lacking features that Home & Business Canada has.

I have the Q2014 software and the R4 patch executables from when I purchased it from Intuit/Quicken (downloaded file instead of CD). Incidentally, both re-installed successfully when I had to reinstall Windows 7 R1 (CD) with all the software and security updates back in 2018 after an HD failure. Win 7 SP1 installs now will not get the 100s of software and security updates from Microsoft.

1. So, will, and how well does, Quicken Home & Business 2014 (Canada) run on Windows 10?

2. I read that Quicken 2013 installs and works on Windows 10. Does Q2014 require Compatibility Mode?

3. I also read that Quicken requires the Microsoft .NET framework up to V4 which is not part of Windows 10, but installable from download?

4. What about the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime DLLs/redistributables?

Any help or experience would be appreciated as it appears many have similar issues with older Quicken versions on Windows 10.
This discussion has been closed.