How do I get Version R37.66 to complete? (Windows)

John in Gunbarrel
John in Gunbarrel Member ✭✭
For several days I've been trying to load update Version R37.66 (Jan, 2022). The update runs OK until "Optimizing and executing files", and then just hangs there with the wait spinner. I've tried letting it run for several hours, and it still won't complete. I have to kill the process in task manager since the Next and Cancel buttons are greyed out. Quicken will then not start until I reboot. Do I need to re-install Quicken? This is a month-old computer, so Quicken has been on it for only a month or so. It runs OK without the update, but I know I will need updates to work if the app is to remain stable.

John Black
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hi @John in Gunbarrel, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue and I apologize for the inconvenience. I would recommend you try downloading our patch,
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    If that does not resolve your issue, then yes an uninstall and reinstall may be necessary. I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Jade
  • mihran_tuceryan
    mihran_tuceryan Member ✭✭✭
    I have a similar issue with 37.66 and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and it does not work. It hangs when it is trying to convert the file format, I think. when I look on windows task manager, one of the quicken processes is appearing as "not responding". This has been going on for all the 37 updates. After wasting almost an entire day trying various combinations of install/reinstall/reboot etc, I finally gave up an rolled back to v 36.57. I did this by applying the mondo patch for 36.57. The old version works with no problems. I have not been able to get any of the v 37.xx to work. I am on windows 10 PC.
  • Just for a sanity check, I checked Help => About in my quicken program and it shows I actually have the 37.66 release on board. So at least in my case, it could be that 37.66 being there is not recognized by the update program, and that may be the issue. I'm skipping the update suggestion for now, and will try again when a newer update hits the street. Quicken works fine as long as I ignore the new release alerts.
  • mihran_tuceryan
    Following up on my post above, I applied the new update 37.67 mondo patch today. Same result. Hangs when opening the file. This is what task manager shows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk3wmmynzez8crg/quicken-hang.JPG?dl=0
  • mihran_tuceryan
    Something is not right with the 37.xx updates.
  • mihran_tuceryan
    Answer ✓
    Rolled it back to 36.57 again and it works fine.
  • mihran_tuceryan
    Any pointers about what's wrong or how to fix would be appreciated.
  • After rollback failed, and Quicken would no longer load at all, I finally resolved this by uninstalling and re-installing Quicken. That installation brought in all updates. I'll see if the next update works OK. Fingers crossed.
  • mihran_tuceryan
    Some more information about this. I patched to 37.67 and tried to open the old quicken file. Hangs. I can create a new file and it works. It seems to me something is going wrong going from the old format (whatever it is) to the new format. I cannot open the old file which has all the last few year's transactions and investments. I tried to build a new file with new accounts etc and it worked. But then I don't have the complete history of transactions. The institutions only download recent ones.

Is someone from quicken reading these?
  • herbjanes
    herbjanes Member ✭✭
    I am version 37.67 and experiencing this issue. Has Quicken define a way to deal with this? e.g Rollback (how is that done?) re-install?
  • I did a full uninstall and reinstall, and it brought me to 37.67 as part of the install. It is working normally. I'll see what happens next update.
  • herbjanes
    herbjanes Member ✭✭
    I also did a full uninstall and reinstall, and it brought me to 37.67, It seems to be working normally. We'll see what happens next update. Disappointing Quicken Support does not weigh in on this.
  • mihran_tuceryan
    This morning (2/4/22), I applied 38.29 mondo patch. It still hangs when opening existing file. Rolled it back to 36.57. It seems we are stuck at 36.57 until they fix whatever bug this is that hangs when opening existing quicken files. If I create a new file with the latest patch from scratch it does not hang. I am not sure how long this can continue. We will see. when it stops working, I stop paying.