Quicken stopped downloading transaction from my Fidelity HSA

Options
I have an HSA account with Fidelity. In Quicken the SA is an investment account but it is linked to a cash management. Transactions have been downloading reliably sine 2-29-2020. On or around 11-29-2021 they stopped downloading. I notice the holdings continue to update. The cash balance is getting skewed. Quicken won't let m enter transactions from the cash account back into the HSA account. I tried deactivating the online services and setting them up again. No change. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have a solution or work around?

Best Answer

• Michael Waite
    Michael Waite Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I found that the account tracking setting changed from complete to simple and that is what stopped the details from downloading. I changed it back to complete and all the transactions downloaded. I did not knowingly change that setting, meaning I never edited the details of the account to change it. Is there some other mechanism in Quicken that would change that setting?

Answers

• mrpatt47
    mrpatt47 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've had the same problems with Fidelity & Vanguard. I have the latest release R37.66 but transactions from Fidelity & Vanguard will not load transactions.
  • Michael Waite
    Michael Waite Member ✭✭
    Options
    My wife and I have a dozen accounts with fidelity and I’m only seeing this issue with our HSA account. All the other accounts are still getting updated.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @Michael Waite,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Can I have you open a test file and see if the HSA accounts come in there? Here is a Knowledge Base article with steps on how to open a new file. 

Do let us know what results this gives you.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    @mrpatt47,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and add to this discussion.

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting your accounts that are not downloading? This is always a good place to start. 

If you have already done this, are you getting any errors when you try to update these accounts? If so, what are they?

Looking forward to hearing your response, thanks!

Quicken Alyssa

• Michael Waite
    Michael Waite Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I found that the account tracking setting changed from complete to simple and that is what stopped the details from downloading. I changed it back to complete and all the transactions downloaded. I did not knowingly change that setting, meaning I never edited the details of the account to change it. Is there some other mechanism in Quicken that would change that setting?
This discussion has been closed.