QBW file import into Quicken for Mac?

mjpapajon
mjpapajon Member
Inherited treasurer duties for an association and was given a QBW file.
I currently use Quicken 6.5.1 Mac for my vacation rental.

Is there a way to import the QBW file into Mac Quicken?

I do also have QBO but that is a separate business and paid service. I just need recordkeeping capabilities for the new association.

TIA

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    mjpapajon said:

I do also have QBO but that is a separate business and paid service. I just need recordkeeping capabilities for the new association.

TIA
    Hello @mjpapajon ,       

Thank you so much for reaching out to us on the Quicken Community about this. Unfortunately, QBW files are not supported for conversion to data for Quicken. You can read more about this subject in the Support Article listed here:

https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-quickbooks-data-quicken

Please feel free to come to us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    mjpapajon said:

TIA
    Hello @mjpapajon ,       

Thank you so much for reaching out to us on the Quicken Community about this. Unfortunately, QBW files are not supported for conversion to data for Quicken. You can read more about this subject in the Support Article listed here:

https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-quickbooks-data-quicken

Please feel free to come to us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • mjpapajon
    mjpapajon Member
    Thank you for the rapid response......I had read that support article but wanted to hold out hope for a workaround.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you Google Quickbooks to Quicken, you'll find some articles about how you might be able to get there. But it will l take some work to export parts of your data from Quickbooks, manipulate things in Excel, probably buy a file converter to move things from CSV to QFX format, and to import into Quicken. I didn't spend too long reading, but I got the impression that it might be doable but it wouldn't be easy. 

I think the question I'd ask is how much transaction data is there for this association, and could you simply start from scratch in Quicken as of January 1 or whenever you took over? I did the books for two small non-profit associations in Quicken without much problem, but the number of transactions were modest and there wasn't much which carried over from year to year. The other question is whether Quicken Mac can actually do everything you need. For instance, are you responsible for sending invoices to members or vendors? You can't do that in Quicken Mac. (I used a separate FileMaker Pro database for generating and sending invoices.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.