installing duplicate Quicken for Mac on my iPad & laptop

QuDel010622
QuDel010622 Member
I HAVE QUICKEN DELUXE FOR MAC ON MY DESKTOP & CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO INSTALL THIS ON MY IPAD & LAPTOP:
QUICKEN OPENS BUT MY TANSACTIONS DON'T TRANSER

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    On your iPad, you can't install Quicken itself, but you can install the Quicken Mobile App or you can use the browser-based web login. Is that what you're trying to do? 

Quicken is a Mac (desktop/laptop) based program. That's where your data file will always reside. To access your data from the iPad, your Mac needs to connect to Quicken Cloud to upload a subset of your data, which you can then access via the mobile app or web login. On the Mac, all that's necessary is going to the Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts and making sure Sync is turned on. Then you should be able to access your data logging in to the mobile app or web interface.

If you're having trouble with any part of this, please reply with specifics about what you are doing and seeing.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    As for accessing the data on your laptop, see @jacobs excellent reply here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905779/can-i-have-the-same-quicken-account-data-appear-on-two-macs

You cannot share the same live data file between two Macs. If you want to edit data on two Mac, you have to pass the file back and forth as described in that post.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.