Where is the liability account for my mortgage

Options
HFS
HFS Member
We refinanced our mortgage back in the summer however I just got around to adding it to Quicken. I added the mortgage information by downloading it directly from the institution. Currently, the mortgage amount is current but I have no way to book the payments I made over the last few months. If I book them as I usually do I will reduce the remaining principle. I have not found a register for the mortgage, is there one.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @HFS,

When you setup a mortgage account as a "download" or "connected" mortgage (or other) loan, there is no register.  That is the way that Quicken handles these accounts- there is no register.  If you want to have the ability to make entries in a register, you need to convert the loan in Quicken as a manual load (the old fashioned way).

Since you've just entered the account recently, you might want to revert to a backup file from before you setup the connected mortgage, which might be cleaner.  If not, you can delete the download loan account and add a "manual" mortgage to fix it, just make sure that you double check the related entries, such as escrows, etc. so that they are also fixed.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @HFS,

When you setup a mortgage account as a "download" or "connected" mortgage (or other) loan, there is no register.  That is the way that Quicken handles these accounts- there is no register.  If you want to have the ability to make entries in a register, you need to convert the loan in Quicken as a manual load (the old fashioned way).

Since you've just entered the account recently, you might want to revert to a backup file from before you setup the connected mortgage, which might be cleaner.  If not, you can delete the download loan account and add a "manual" mortgage to fix it, just make sure that you double check the related entries, such as escrows, etc. so that they are also fixed.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.