Shares in A NYSE Trading Symbol in my Vanguard report are missing in Quicken

bw2
bw2 Member ✭✭✭
The download sequence produces a share discrepancy report. I added the purchase manually so the shares are in the portfolio view but discrepancy error reported on each Vanguard download.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bw2

Can you tell us exactly what the error message says?  Have you been seeing this for some time, or did it just begin?  Which version and release of both Quicken and Windows are you running?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• bw2
    bw2 Member ✭✭✭
    It is Quicken Home and Business R 37.66
    The error message is the standard share discrepancy message offering to post placeholder entries in Quicken.
    The share purchase was 12/24/21. I manually entered the buy into the account. While the shares are in Vanguard, the report says there are 100 shares in Quicken and none reported by Vanguard.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again,

Are there other investments in the Vanguard account which are being reported correctly in the download?  Did you double check the manual Buy entry in the Quicken account to make sure that the ticker, as well as the date of the transaction are correct?  Have you double checked the placeholders tab ( Go to: "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Investment transactions" > then click on "Show hidden transactions")?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• bw2
    bw2 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, there are other transactions that posted correctly and show "c" for having been cleared in the Quicken Register, subject to reconciliation. I did turn on "Show Hidden Transactions" and no change. I posted the transaction from the confirmation so the date, trading symbol, share amount and cost are all populated in the Quicken register correctly. The same appears on my online Vanguard statement.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay - in Quicken go to: "Tools" > "Security list" > then page down and find the name of the security in question.   Is there more than one instance of the security on the list?

If so, click on the security name that you used to make the manual entries in Quicken > then click on the "Edit Details" button on the left hand side.  At the bottom of the pop-up window, is the "Matched with online security" box checked?

Let me know what you find.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.