Answers

• katlester
    katlester Member
    Options
    thanks jared - i'll try that
  • dshemm
    dshemm Member ✭✭
    Options
    I too have lost the ability to download data from my Merrill Lynch brokerage accounts to Quicken Mac when it worked yesterday. It is interesting that I just renewed my subscription and updated to the latest Quicken Mac this morning before I attempted downloading. I can login to Merrill Lynch through a browser or through their iOS app just fine.

When the down load failed, I disconnected the account and then attempted to reconnect to Merrill Edge (seems that Merrill Lynch investments has disappeared in the Quicken options) and now I'm getting:

Institution Login Sync Error
    Warning
    We had a problem syncing this institution login:
    Merrill Edge

Please try again. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.

Error code: BID = 8969
  • jcrubino
    jcrubino Member ✭✭
    Options
    Merrill confirmed this morning (2/1/22) they have NOT made any changes w/ their integration w/ Quicken. This is ANOTHER bug on the Quicken side that needs to be fixed immediately or have subscription fees refunded.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dshemm said:
    I too have lost the ability to download data from my Merrill Lynch brokerage accounts to Quicken Mac when it worked yesterday. It is interesting that I just renewed my subscription and updated to the latest Quicken Mac this morning before I attempted downloading. I can login to Merrill Lynch through a browser or through their iOS app just fine.

When the down load failed, I disconnected the account and then attempted to reconnect to Merrill Edge (seems that Merrill Lynch investments has disappeared in the Quicken options) and now I'm getting:

Institution Login Sync Error
    Warning
    We had a problem syncing this institution login:
    Merrill Edge

Please try again. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.

Error code: BID = 8969
    Hello @dshemm,

I am sorry to hear that this error is affecting you. I thank you for bringing this problem to our attention in this discussion.

Do you have any antivirus software currently installed and running on your device? This can cause problems with connections in Quicken and often results in a 'BID' error code like the one you are describing. Also, check your FireWall to see if it is enabled, as this can cause similar problems. Lastly, are you making use of a Virtual Private Network, or VPN?

I hope to hear more from you about the situation, and to continue working with you on this problem.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • katlester
    Options
    It seems like something is going on with the Merrill/Bank of America integration and where Quicken is pointing. All of the sudden my Quicken/Merrill download is trying to pull down Merrill as well as Bank of America accounts. But my Bank of America download is not pulling Merrill information. I agree that something happened with a recent Quicken release because I had no issues prior.
  • dshemm
    dshemm Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared,

Just retried to do an account update and all my Merrill Lynch accounts that I had not disconnected did indeed download successfully. I examined how those working accounts were connected and it was:

Merrill Lynch Investments
    Direct Connect
    www.mldirect.ml.com

So, I tried again to reconnect the one account I had disconnected and now the "Merrill Lynch Investments" option was available so I selected it and picked the Direct Connect Option. My Quicken MAC connected just fine and I am back to where I was yesterday.

Thanks for your attention and patience Jared!
  • katlester
    Options
    mine worked today as well.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dshemm said:
    Jared,

Just retried to do an account update and all my Merrill Lynch accounts that I had not disconnected did indeed download successfully. I examined how those working accounts were connected and it was:

Merrill Lynch Investments
    Direct Connect
    www.mldirect.ml.com

So, I tried again to reconnect the one account I had disconnected and now the "Merrill Lynch Investments" option was available so I selected it and picked the Direct Connect Option. My Quicken MAC connected just fine and I am back to where I was yesterday.

Thanks for your attention and patience Jared!
    @dshemm,

It's my pleasure, and I am very happy that the issue appears to have been resolved. Thank you so much for updating me about the change in circumstances.

Feel free to reach out to Quicken with any additional questions or concerns.

@katlester,

I am sorry to hear that there seems to be new activity from Merrill Lynch accounts, but not from Bank of America. 

Were you able to reach out to Bank of America or Merrill Lynch representatives? 

I hope to hear more from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • katlester
    Options
    Jared, it looks like the issue is resolved as of this morning. thanks
This discussion has been closed.