Error code CC-502 updating PNC accounts

Options
William B
William B Member ✭✭
I'm getting Error Code CC-502 when I attempt to update a PNC account using Express Web Connect. Is anyone else having this problem? Any fixes?

Answers

• fred5
    fred5 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Getting same error for two days
  • fred5
    fred5 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This stuff really sucks, where are the programmers?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    When you get this error code, have you tried doing Update Now?  It will often work (not always) when OSU returns this error code.
    Another option if you cannot wait for this issue to get fixed is to log into your online account and manually download it from there in the Quicken (qfx) format.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    fred5 said:
    This stuff really sucks, where are the programmers?
    Have you notified Quicken Support or reported the problem in Quicken (Help > Report A Problem)?  The programmers can't know you are having a problem if you do not inform them.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Something else you might want to consider doing is upgrading your connection to Direct Connect using the PNC - Direct Connect setup link.   DC requires a different unique login from your online account login.  If you have not already been provided that by PNC you will first need to request it from them and they will send it to you in the mail.
    DC is a faster, more reliable and more secure connection method than EWC.  It is also a 2-way communication with the bank allowing you to set up bill payments from within Quicken at no cost.  It also allows for doing transfers between PNC accounts at no cost.
    Some banks will charge a monthly fee for using DC but PNC does not charge anything for it.
    I've been using DC with PNC since the merger with BBVA and it has been working really well for me.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Getting same error code (CC_502) today 1/12/2022. I just have a mortgage account at PNC Bank which I also use EWC to connect and get balance updates, etc.... 
  • William B
    William B Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, Boatnmaniac. I did report the problem to Quicken. I'll look in to PNC-Direct Connect as an option.
This discussion has been closed.