Possible to undo downloading transactions?

keroberous
keroberous Member ✭✭
I downloaded a recent set of transactions for my investing account. I have to do this manually from my institution's website. The recent additions to my account included shares from several companies that trade on both the NYSE and TSX. Even though I only trade on the TSX, Quicken added information for both exchanges to appear in my portfolio which is messing up my gain/loss calculations among other things. I can't see any way to fix it so I'd like to just undo downloading the transactions but I can't find how to do this, if it's possible. Any advice? Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I downloaded a recent set of transactions for my investing account. I have to do this manually from my institution's website. The recent additions to my account included shares from several companies that trade on both the NYSE and TSX. Even though I only trade on the TSX, Quicken added information for both exchanges to appear in my portfolio which is messing up my gain/loss calculations among other things. I can't see any way to fix it so I'd like to just undo downloading the transactions but I can't find how to do this, if it's possible. Any advice? Thanks.
    Hello @keroberous,

I know that these kinds of download issues can be frustrating. Thank you for inquiring with us here on the Quicken Community regarding this problem. 

The primary option in this case would be to restore from a backup by going to File > Restore from Backup in the Quicken application while Quicken is open and running and then selecting a file from just before this most recent account update.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You should be able to just delete the transactions from the investment account's register. Be aware that any downloaded transactions you delete will not import again. If you don't see any recent transactions that added the shares, look in the account register for Placeholder transactions and delete those corresponding to the share.

Or, alternatively, revert to a backup of your file before you imported the transactions. You do keep regular backups, right?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.