Transactions Missing

When opening our checking accounts, we notice transactions missing since 10/22/2021. This occurred after the last build was automatically installed: 27.1.37.67. For the last week or so, Quicken's dashboard will occasionally partially populate: the Income/Expense histograms will show partially up till around the same date as above; the spending pie chart will not render; and some of our account balances on the left pane will show zero erroneously. Anyone have a remedy?
Tagged:

Best Answer

  • ArthurM
    ArthurM Member
    Accepted Answer
    It looks like the current release revealed database corruption that had been there for three months. Running the Validation & Repair utility showed dozens and dozens of damaged data blocks, which the utility could not resolve. Repeatedly running the utility on earlier and earlier backups showed the progressive spread of the corruption. I ended up restoring back to mid-October 2021, and am manually redoing each and everything I've done since then. Lesson learned: It's good to run Validation & Repair on a monthly basis.

Answers

  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @ArthurM,

    Sorry to hear you are having those issues with Quicken.  I have seen a couple of other messages that indicated the users had issues/problems with that update, but none that detailed similar issues to what you are seeing (e.g. - missing transactions as far back as October. 

    Have you considered rolling back to the previous release (i.e. 36.38) and then restoring a recent backup file?  If not, I would urge you to consider taking that action.

    Frankx

                      Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Version
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

  • ArthurM
    ArthurM Member
    Accepted Answer
    It looks like the current release revealed database corruption that had been there for three months. Running the Validation & Repair utility showed dozens and dozens of damaged data blocks, which the utility could not resolve. Repeatedly running the utility on earlier and earlier backups showed the progressive spread of the corruption. I ended up restoring back to mid-October 2021, and am manually redoing each and everything I've done since then. Lesson learned: It's good to run Validation & Repair on a monthly basis.