ACCT_e72

Steven Beckett
Steven Beckett Member ✭✭
I have just run a validation on my Quicken file to resolve another issue. The resulting validation report lists a large number of repaired transactions to an account named ACCT_e72. This is not an account created by me. It appears to have been created by the system and it does not show up in the account list.

I would like to know what this represents and is there any action needed by me. At first glance there does not appear to be any effect on my data.

I have attached a page of the validation report listing a selection of the actions on this account.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghosts from the past ... in Quicken 2017 and earlier versions, TEMP_xxx or ACCT_xxx accounts were routinely created under the covers to handle transaction downloads during One Step Update. If all went well, these temporary accounts were deleted without the user ever seeing them ... if all went well ...
    At some point in time changes were made to this process and reports about temp. accounts dropped off.
    Usually, running a Validate followed by a Supervalidate either deletes the account for you or, at least, makes the account visible in the Account List so that you may delete the account yourself.

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
  • Thanks for the help. Following your steps above seemed to resolve the issue.
This discussion has been closed.