USAA not downloading (again)

dalecooper
dalecooper Member ✭✭
This is the third time this has happened. USAA won't download / connect thought Quicken.

INVALID CREDENTIALS: FDP-103-Credential Set is invalid

I will say, I use the same un/pw forever and it works fine.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    This is the third time this has happened. USAA won't download / connect thought Quicken.

INVALID CREDENTIALS: FDP-103-Credential Set is invalid

I will say, I use the same un/pw forever and it works fine.
    Hello @dalecooper,      

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this error. I want to thank you for taking this opportunity to speak with us about this problem here on the Quicken Community. 

In this situation, it would be worth our while to begin by saving a backup. This would be achieved by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while the Quicken app is open and running. Next, we will disconnect the account, delete any associated passwords from the Keychain Access app, and then relink the account. I will go into more detail about these steps below.

First, let's discuss how to disconnect the account(s):

1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
    5. Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    6. Select the Downloads tab.
    7. Click on Disconnect Account.
    8. Click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    9. Quit Quicken.
    Next, we will go over the process of dealing with passwords in the Keychain Access app.

1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.
    We then proceed by updating the Bank List in Quicken. In order to do this, follow these steps:
    1. Go to Accounts > New and pick an account type matching one of the affected accounts.
    2. At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon; then click Update List.
    3. When the list finishes updating, it will display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.
    Finally, we will add or link the accounts again. I will explain that here:
    1. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    2. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    3. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.
    I look forward to any further updates from you, if you should have the chance to follow up with us about this in the future.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.