Corrupt file...I need some help

I'm running Quicken R37.67 and have been a long time fan/user of Quicken...and I need some help. I download transactions from my bank into Quicken and somehow it appears that transactions have been duplicated (possibly from me trying to fix the problem) but there are also missing transactions. My balance is so far off it's almost funny. How can, if possible, I find out what's happened? I've also looked into the possibility of just creating a new account but I can't because my existing account is tied to my bank. Basically I just wanted to go redownload all of 2021 transactions into a new account but it appears I can't. Any suggestions? Thoughts? They're much appreciated.

Best Answer

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried restoring a backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried restoring a backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • That got me much closer. I can make it work from there. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can download old transactions into a new account, but you first have to de-activate the current account from online banking.  See this FAQ on how to get the old transactions:  FAQ - Download old transactions
    Then, you will need to delete everything in the original account that overlaps with the new account.  You could move the new to old using this FAQ: FAQ - Moving Transactions if you wanted it all in the same account.
    You could get dups in your next One Step Update download, so you will not want Quicken to automatically enter them when they are downloaded.  After that, there should not be any more dups. 
    Leaving them in two different accounts will not have the next OSU dup issue.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• So I just noticed that it downloaded the transactions from January 2021 then skipped to July 2021. What about Feb - June? Thoughts?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refer you back to FAQ - Download old transactions
    It is the only way to get the transactions if the Financial Institution provides the information.

• Can I just deactivate my old account and then create a new account and just start over by downloading transactions for 2021?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that is what I suggested in my first response in this thread.

This discussion has been closed.