Raymond James Accounts automatically switching to Quicken connect - Quicken Mac

Options
Pharmwheel
Pharmwheel Member ✭✭
I have 6 Raymond James accounts of various types (529, IRAs and Brokerage accounts). I originally set them up as direct connect so that transactions would be downloaded. It was working fine for the last 18 months. I noticed last month that the accounts are switching to quicken connect without my intervention. When I change them back to direct connect in the settings menu, they get flipped to quicken connect the next time I try and download transactions.

The reason I do not want quicken connect is that it only allows for simple tracking instead of detailed tracking.

Is this something that Raymond James is forcing or is this a bug?

Thank you,
James
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Jared - Thanks for following up. I am using one instance of Raymond James listed as "Raymond James & Associates".

Also FYI - Here are some troubleshooting steps I have taken:

-Disconnected all RJ accounts
    -Quit and restarted Quicken
    -Reconnected all RJ accounts using Direct Connect. Upon trying to connect a single account, the rest of the RJ accounts show up and I can link them to the appropriate Quicken account all at once.

However, upon the next download request, all RJ accounts are reset to Quicken connect (without asking or notifying me BTW).

Thanks,
    James
    @Pharmwheel,

Thank you for keeping in contact with me about this, and I really appreciate all the detail regarding the steps you've taken thus far. Information like that is always helpful.

As always, be sure to save backups frequently by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. I know that you have disconnected and reconnected the account, but it might be worth your while to clear the Keychain Access app of all associated passwords, as well. I will go into the specifics of the necessary steps in this process now.

First, we will disconnect all of the accounts associated with Raymond James again, and I will reiterate the process for this here:

1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click the Settings button in the bottom right of the register for the affected account;
    5. Click on the Downloads tab.
    6. Click on Disconnect Account, then click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    7. Quit Quicken.
    Secondly, we will delete all passwords connected to Quicken and to Raymond James in the Keychain Access app, as explained here:
    1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.
    Third, we will update the bank list in Quicken and relink any accounts associated with Raymond James:
    1. Go to Accounts > New and pick an account type matching one of the affected accounts.
    2. At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon; then click Update List.
    3. When the list finishes updating, it will display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.
    4. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    5. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    6. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI: In the Action column, make sure that the accounts are set to LINK to the corresponding accounts in Quicken (rather than Add or Ignore).  
    Please feel free to reach back out to us with any updates or developments, and know that I look forward to working with you on this further, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Options
    I have 6 Raymond James accounts of various types (529, IRAs and Brokerage accounts). I originally set them up as direct connect so that transactions would be downloaded. It was working fine for the last 18 months. I noticed last month that the accounts are switching to quicken connect without my intervention. When I change them back to direct connect in the settings menu, they get flipped to quicken connect the next time I try and download transactions.

The reason I do not want quicken connect is that it only allows for simple tracking instead of detailed tracking.

Is this something that Raymond James is forcing or is this a bug?

Thank you,
    James
    Hello @Pharmwheel,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this trouble with connection types changing when you try to update your investment accounts. Thank you for choosing to speak with us about this. Before I go over any other recommendations, which instance of Raymond James in the bank list are you using to link these accounts to online banking services in Quicken? Are you using more than one instance?

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • Pharmwheel
    Pharmwheel Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared - Thanks for following up. I am using one instance of Raymond James listed as "Raymond James & Associates".

-Reconnected all RJ accounts using Direct Connect. Upon trying to connect a single account, the rest of the RJ accounts show up and I can link them to the appropriate Quicken account all at once.

However, upon the next download request, all RJ accounts are reset to Quicken connect (without asking or notifying me BTW).

Thanks,
    James
  • Quicken Jared
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks,
    James
    @Pharmwheel,

Thank you for keeping in contact with me about this, and I really appreciate all the detail regarding the steps you've taken thus far. Information like that is always helpful.

As always, be sure to save backups frequently by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. I know that you have disconnected and reconnected the account, but it might be worth your while to clear the Keychain Access app of all associated passwords, as well. I will go into the specifics of the necessary steps in this process now.

First, we will disconnect all of the accounts associated with Raymond James again, and I will reiterate the process for this here:

1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click the Settings button in the bottom right of the register for the affected account;
    5. Click on the Downloads tab.
    6. Click on Disconnect Account, then click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    7. Quit Quicken.
    Secondly, we will delete all passwords connected to Quicken and to Raymond James in the Keychain Access app, as explained here:
    1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.
    Third, we will update the bank list in Quicken and relink any accounts associated with Raymond James:
    1. Go to Accounts > New and pick an account type matching one of the affected accounts.
    2. At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon; then click Update List.
    3. When the list finishes updating, it will display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.
    4. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    5. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    6. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI: In the Action column, make sure that the accounts are set to LINK to the corresponding accounts in Quicken (rather than Add or Ignore).  
    Please feel free to reach back out to us with any updates or developments, and know that I look forward to working with you on this further, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Pharmwheel
    Pharmwheel Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared,
    I followed your instructions and it seems to have solved the issue. I'm able to maintain a direct connect connection for Raymond James and it appears to be downloading transactions normally for the last couple of days.

Thank you!
    James
This discussion has been closed.