How can enter transaction manually in my 401K and other accounts - Simple Investing

Golfercurt
Golfercurt Member ✭✭
Hi, I have a 401K with Vanguard and up until a week or so ago I could enter transactions manually. I no longer can do this similarly with accounts I have with a firm called Titan.

Quicken is allowing me to enter transactions in my Schwab IRA but not these?

Is there something unique about these or is it bug?

Thank you
Curt

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I'm confused; I don't know of any instances where Quicken blocks you from entering transactions. 

Can you see the transaction register for this account? Or is Transacitons grayed out entirely? If you can't see the account's transaction register, click on Settings for the account and click the radio button for investment tracking to be set to Detail rather than Simple. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    I'm confused; I don't know of any instances where Quicken blocks you from entering transactions. 

Can you see the transaction register for this account? Or is Transacitons grayed out entirely? If you can't see the account's transaction register, click on Settings for the account and click the radio button for investment tracking to be set to Detail rather than Simple. 
  • Golfercurt
    Golfercurt Member ✭✭
    Thank you. That fixed the issue. Don't know how it got changed.
  • jacobs
    It seems like Quicken is changing that setting for some people, for some accounts after a new update. It clearly doesn't affect everyone or every account, so I have no idea what causes it in some places. This should be considered a bug, but I have not seen any of the moderators here respond that this is a known bug.

But at least you now know what to do if it for some reason changes one of your accounts to Simple tracking. 
This discussion has been closed.