Recording a corporate spin off

Options
Bill Guion
Bill Guion Member
Quicken for Mac.
How do I record a corporate spin off? Company A, cost basis A1, spins off shares of Company B, cost basis B1. End result should be a reduction in cost basis of A1 by B1 and new shares of B. How is this recorded in Quicken?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken for Mac.
    How do I record a corporate spin off? Company A, cost basis A1, spins off shares of Company B, cost basis B1. End result should be a reduction in cost basis of A1 by B1 and new shares of B. How is this recorded in Quicken?
    Hello @Bill Guion,    

I am sorry for any confusion you may have experienced, and I am thankful for your contribution to further  discussion of this topic. 

Unfortunately, such a feature does not currently exist for Quicken Mac. Nonetheless, desired functionality can always be brought before the Quicken Community in the form of idea threads, wherein users can vote on suggestions and voice their support for new features for our development team to consider.

It appears that there is already a thread where this feature has been mentioned, and I will link it here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7855454/support-corporate-acquisitions-mergers-and-divestitures-spin-offs-in-quicken-mac-4-merged-votes

Feel free to reach us out and let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Respectfully,

Quicken Jared 
  • Bill Guion
    Options
    Jared,
    Thank you for the reference. Thanks to you I understand the situation and am trying to understand the work around. You are appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.