Report Payee Totals are Grossly Wrong

nc00ks0n
nc00ks0n Member ✭✭
running r37.67. This report finds transactions by single category and subtotals them by payee. One payee has one entry for $171.00 but its subtotal is 20,358,458,343,853,916.48. Most of the time when the report runs quicken crashes. I have to play with the date range to create a report that does not crash.
Tagged:

Comments

  • JKQUESTIONS
    JKQUESTIONS Member
    I have also noticed that subtotals on the left hand bard sometimes do not update till you exit and restart quicken. this was broken in a patch at end of decemeber and then they patched it and now the bug seems to be back. Does anyone else notice the subtotals to be off until close and reopen quicken
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    nc00ks0n said:
    running r37.67. This report finds transactions by single category and subtotals them by payee. One payee has one entry for $171.00 but its subtotal is 20,358,458,343,853,916.48. Most of the time when the report runs quicken crashes. I have to play with the date range to create a report that does not crash.
    That seems to indicate a damaged data file. Please Validate and Supervalidate your data file.

    Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

    If you're trying to reuse a Saved Report, saved in an older version of Quicken, please try the "Reset Columns" button (under the Customize icon) or recreate the report from scratch and, once successful, save it again.

  • nc00ks0n
    nc00ks0n Member ✭✭
    I worked with support and they gave me a ticket number and said the fix will be in two weeks (Reference ticket # 916321). I installed R38.29 and see the problem still exists. Can you check to see if the fix was supposed to be in R38.29?
    BTW we validated and super validated and found no damage.
    Also notice R38.29 is super slow to respond. Is that expected too?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patience, please. The programmers don't drop everything they're doing, just for one customer's problem report which may well be related to data file damage. Validate and Supervalidate aren't snake-oil-cure-all fixes and can't resolve problems which they're unable to detect.
    As I said before, I suspect that your data file was damaged in way that cannot currently be repaired. You need to try and locate the damaged transaction and delete, then reenter it. If you are working with a Saved Report, try to recreate the report from scratch and re-save it, replacing the old saved report.

    If you can't find the damaged transaction, I'd try the following actions:

  • nc00ks0n
    nc00ks0n Member ✭✭
    No file corruption. Problem fixed in R38.30. This ticket can be closed.
This discussion has been closed.