Trying Clean Up Quicken Reports from the last 15-20 years

jimshu1
jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Running Quicken for Windows Subscription, Version R37.67, Build 21.1.37.67.

It has become very apparent that many things have changed in regard to Quicken's handling of reports. I'm slowly going through my 50 or so and attempting to straighten them out.

One general question. It seems like a lot of the problems are being caused by choices in the Accounts, Categories, and Payees tabs when you customize the report. The new "Include All" buttons seem to cause the problems. If you use "Selected" button and chose "All" it corrects a lot of my errors.

So, is it advisable to ignore these new "Include All" buttons?
Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.

Comments

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, I have seen the same problem and I ignore the "include all" buttons.  At least by ignoring the include all I get notified when I open the report of any new accounts, securities etc and I can choose to add them if I want.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming the Include All for categories includes the transfer categories. That could definitely cause some unexpected results. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    > @mshiggins said:
    > I'm assuming the Include All for categories includes the transfer categories. That could definitely cause some unexpected results. 

In an earlier post, I suspected the same thing. But many of my reports don't list any "transfer" categories or even choices to include/exclude transfers in the Advanced tab.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transfer categories are typically listed at the end of the listed categories. Have you scrolled to the bottom of the category listing?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have.

- Jim S.
This discussion has been closed.