For the past three months I have been unable to reconcile my Apple Card (Q Mac)

Options
Michael Heady
Michael Heady Member ✭✭
The first several months it reconciled just fine. I have not altered my process for downloading the statement and transactions yet every time I have to reconcile it I have to add a reconciliation transaction. Any hits or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first several months it reconciled just fine. I have not altered my process for downloading the statement and transactions yet every time I have to reconcile it I have to add a reconciliation transaction. Any hits or tips would be greatly appreciated!
    Hello @Michael Heady,

I am sorry to hear that you are being troubled by this frustrating problem. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for further discussion and support. 

I want to help you and provide some more troubleshooting information, but first I have a few questions. When did you last update your Quicken software? Also, what happens - specifically - when you try to reconcile the accounts and this process seems to fail? When you add placeholders, are you able to do so without any trouble?

I look forward to your responses, and appreciate your effort in seeking information about this.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Michael Heady
    Michael Heady Member ✭✭
    Options
    I always keep my Quicken for Mac up to date.

Unfortunately Morgan Stanley doesn’t support automatic downloading of transactions so at the end of each month I manually download the statement and transactions

When the transactions are loaded and I try to reconcile to the online balance I encounter the problem. If I choose to finish the reconciliation when it doesn’t balance Quicken offers to automatically create a reconciliation transaction.

I have tried to go back validate all the transactions in the account and found the only ones that don’t match a automatically created reconciliation transactions.

Should I try reconciling to the statement balance rather than the online balance?

Thank you for your assistance!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always keep my Quicken for Mac up to date.

Unfortunately Morgan Stanley doesn’t support automatic downloading of transactions so at the end of each month I manually download the statement and transactions

When the transactions are loaded and I try to reconcile to the online balance I encounter the problem. If I choose to finish the reconciliation when it doesn’t balance Quicken offers to automatically create a reconciliation transaction.

I have tried to go back validate all the transactions in the account and found the only ones that don’t match a automatically created reconciliation transactions.

Should I try reconciling to the statement balance rather than the online balance?

Thank you for your assistance!
    @Michael Heady,                    

Thank you so much for offering that clarification, and for keeping in touch with me about this.

Certainly, reconciling to the statement balance is an option and may even be the ideal method of dealing with this particular problem, based on what is being described. I want to remind you to save backups frequently whenever trying to edit your account register by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Also, be sure that there aren't any missing or duplicate transactions in the register, either. Lastly, do you notice that the opening balance is incorrect, or otherwise seems to be throwing off the reconciliation attempts? This might be something to investigate.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to any future updates you may be able to provide, should you have the chance to drop by and check in once more.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.