Rental Income with Deluxe 2022

Options
I added the gross rent as income then minus the expense as negative so the final number is the correct net number on my entry. But when I look at the Spending Tab the entry is not coming up as income but rather as a positive number in the spending category?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Dianne Beebe

The reason why the Spending Tab is showing the category that way is because you initially set the category up as an expense.  So no matter what the sign (+ or-) net amount of all transactions posted to that category is (for whatever period of time you have chosen) the amount will be displayed in the "spending category".  The Deluxe version is not designed for the reporting of net rental income or loss. It is designed for the more basic reporting of personal income and expenses.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Dianne Beebe

The reason why the Spending Tab is showing the category that way is because you initially set the category up as an expense.  So no matter what the sign (+ or-) net amount of all transactions posted to that category is (for whatever period of time you have chosen) the amount will be displayed in the "spending category".  The Deluxe version is not designed for the reporting of net rental income or loss. It is designed for the more basic reporting of personal income and expenses.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Diane Beebe
    Options
    Thank you and you are absolutely right. I did set it up as an expense.
This discussion has been closed.